May 6, 2011

I interrupt my regularly scheduled Friday night for this update...

You know, my regular scheduled night of kitchen renovating. I just have to do a quick update of what our kitchen looked like the past few days with cabinets... so that I can get to the next, very important post, on which I need your help. Please. Thank you.

Let's talk about how much my parents rock. We left looking like we did in the last post... and came home to this:
 Look! We have SO MANY cabinets... and some doors! And a new ladder. No, not a new ladder. But that is right in the center of the kitchen now so we can hold up cabinets, move things, and reach high places. I think I might need it kept in the kitchen because I am so short and the cabinets are so tall.

I digress. Check out the amazing work J and my dad did when I was at work this week:
oh looky there, an actual fridge in our kitchen. Next to the fridge is the dishwasher, which still needs its white cabinet-faced door on it. You can also see the awesome range hood above the stove- right now it has stickers on it to protect the stainless steel, but it's reallllly pretty.

Just for fun, let's look at our progress and journey so far. Here is where the good old kitchen started, back when we moved in a few years ago...


Wow. What a difference! And the cabinet hardware- UGH so bad. Let's look at one more picture of the house and kitchen after a mini reno and before we started this current project.
I can't get over how much bigger the kitchen looks with those half walls knocked out and cabinets that stretch to the ceilings. Amazing.

We've got a weekend of working ahead of us... but it's finally coming along. Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...