May 9, 2011

Out pets HEADS are falling off....

Name that movie. Seriously, this week around here things are falling apart as quickly as they're getting put back together. I just want to remind you what a gorgeous house and living room we usually have. Let's reminisce.
Take it all in. Breathe in the beautiful clear air and the nicely organized pillows. Look at the clean carpet and windows. The nicely placed frames and accessories.

Now, if you think our house usually looks great and our interior decorating is always picture perfect, take a look at these bad boys:

WAHHHHH. This is horrendous and makes my eyes hurt. Every day when I walk into this I want to cry. See that Craftsman box in front of the bookshelf? Well that is empty now, so are a few other boxes... But it is still a disaster. And we only have 6 days left until we have a house full of people. Yikes!

So I went to work on putting things away. Our entire top cabinets were finished being installed, so I installed the shelves. "Installed" the shelves sounds so... technical. It was not. Thank you Ikea, you're earning points back! So I put away every dish and glass we own-- AND I even made space for my Kate Spade Crystal glasses from our wedding! How exciting. Oh, also, we have enough spices for 10 restaurants. No joke. Why do we have so many? We don't use them so much. We also got some lazy susan type devices for our cabinets- woohoo.

So I am not 100% in love with this glass that is only semi-transparent. But, none the less, it looks really pretty with stuff in it. And I think that once I reorganize some more I can probably fit my china on the top shelf of the left doors. THAT would be nice.
The second shelf are all of my crystal glasses-- and then some crystal candle holders we got for the wedding too. Ahhh love love love. And then below you will see the ridiculous amount of spices we have. We better get to some major cooking!
Oh juuust ignore that brown sugar on the shelf below. That little spinner is our "baked goods" area. Unpictured are the cans of frosting we have stowed away. Mmmm. I so rarely bake, but I think it will become more common now that we have so many new baking dishes from the wedding too. I cannot wait for our countertops to be installed so I can put away all of the bottom shelf items.... like pots and pans and cupcake tins!

Oh, PS, painted the small blue area. Can you guess which color it is?? To be honest, I just chose one and went for it. Knowing full well I could change it. The paint is still wet here, so you can't get a good idea. But it looks perfect! I'm happy with it. Now... again.... we need those countertops.

What are the chances of the countertops getting into the kitchen by Wednesday? One in a thousand?
I'd say about one in a million.


So you're SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...